Some relevant pointers about Mail servers and Mail filtering
MTA - Mail Servers
- An interactive catalog of sendmail mail filters
- The Next Step in the Spam Control War - Evan Harris web site about Greylisting, and his implementation (relaydelay). This is the reference site about greylisting
- Spam URI
Bruno Rasle and Frédéric Aoun - Halte au Spam
- a very good french book about spam.
- This is a modified libmilter using a pool of workers instead of one thread per SMTP connection. This allows to drastically reduce the number of threads in the filter : interesting if your server handles lots of simultaneous connections. This implementation of libmilter was integrated on sendmail 8.14.0 and received an Innovative Open Source Contribution award
- a set of perl scripts to process Cisco Routers log files and detect scans.
a daemon virus scanner using Sophos savi library (not included) to use it with j-chkmail release 1.7 and newers. This is a prototype.